The Carriere Motion 3D Class II and Class III Appliances are orthodontic devices developed to correct a bite without removing permanent teeth when teeth have erupted incorrectly.
The Carriere Motion 3D Class II Appliance
This appliance pushes upper teeth back to create a corrected bite prior to the addition of braces. It is used to correct a Class II malocclusion with or without protruded teeth and reduces the need for extractions, replaces the use of a headgear, improves the profile and will shorten the time using brackets.
- First, your orthodontist will create an anchor point, most commonly with a passive lower lingual arch. The Carriere Motion bar is then attached to the upper teeth on one or both sides of your mouth.
- An elastic band is attached from the upper bar(s) to the lower back molars and should be worn at all times except when eating or brushing your teeth.
- With good elastic wear, your bite can be corrected in a matter of months, depending on the severity of your case.
- When the Carriere Motion bars are removed, the braces are bonded or aligners are delivered to finish correcting your bite and aligning your teeth to the perfectly straight, ideal smile you've always wanted.
The Carriere Motion 3D Class III Appliance
This is a minimally invasive appliance intended to treat Class III malocclusions (underbites) without extractions, orthognathic surgery, or facemasks. It provides predictable results and creates a harmonious, balanced profile, all while preserving the patient’s natural features.
First, your orthodontist will create an anchor point, most commonly a tube(s) bonded on the upper molar(s) and an essix retainer for the upper arch. The Carriere Motion bar(s) is then attached to the lower teeth on one or both sides.
- An elastic band is attached from the lower bar(s) to the upper back molars and should be worn at all times except when eating or brushing your teeth.