March 26th, 2020
Hello Rendon Orthodontics' patients and families,
We made the difficult decision to temporarily close our offices based on recommendations from dental associations, state/local governments, and in keeping with our commitment to the safety of our patients and staff teams. Per Governor Abbott we cannot re-open our doors until April 22nd and during this time, we can only see “emergencies”. This is in an effort to stop the spread of Covid-19 and to conserve personal protective equipment for healthcare providers that really need it. We will continue to monitor this everchanging situation and will keep you updated.
Rest assured that your orthodontic treatment is progressing at this time as the wires or Invisalign trays continue to work. You can help keep treatment on track by following your orthodontist’s instructions on wearing your elastics, appliances or Invisalign trays. Please do not eat hard or sticky foods to avoid breaking brackets and keep your teeth clean.
Our office is calling to reschedule all our patients. We are also trying to take all the calls during regular business hours, but if we missed you, please leave us a voicemail and one of our staff members will call you back.
If you have any questions/concerns about your treatment or have an emergency, please email us to email@example.com and send us a photo(s). Dr. Castano-Rendon, Dr. Rendon or one of our staff members will contact you as soon as possible.
For a real emergency – after hours, please call our emergency line (469-428-2398). Thank you for your understanding.
March 15, 2020
Dear Rendon Orthodontics’ parents and patients,
We wanted to reach out personally regarding the current situation with the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19. Each day brings new developments and our hearts go out to all the affected.
At Rendon Orthodontics we are doing our part to keep safety a priority for everyone. You have placed your trust in us to oversee the oral health of you or your family member, and we take that job seriously. We want you to know we are doing our best to protect everyone from continuing viral spread of COVID-19.
We are monitoring directives that are issued to us by the cities of Frisco and Allen, the state of Texas and other national organizations including the dental society leadership as it evolves. We want to meet and exceed guidelines as we work with our patients.
What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Maintaining our current OSHA directives related to the dental industry standards for sterilization of dental instruments and cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces used during appointments.
- Our staff and doctors are washing their hands frequently and using hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for our patients/parents in the check in/out and clinic area.
- Eliminating handshakes and any type of bodily contact that is not specifically related to your current appointment.
- Minimizing all newly scheduled appointments which are reasonably possible into a 10-12-week schedule for as long as needed – current appointments remain scheduled.
- Retainer checkups and Observation appointments will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Asking patients to send photos of emergencies first, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can troubleshoot issues to determine if an appointment in the office is of immediate urgency.
- Removing all magazines and shutting down our fun video games in our waiting room for now.
What You Can Do to Help Us During Appointments
- Should you, your child, or a close family member have any flu-like symptoms (cough, runny nose, sore throat and/or fever), please call your physician, and then call us to reschedule your appointment.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, we request parents only bring the patient being treated to the office and leave all siblings home. If this is not possible, consider having the family stay in the car while the patient is treated. We can call or text you when the patient is done to give you an update and schedule your next visit.
- Only patients are allowed in the clinic area, unless the doctor/staff requires the parent’s presence.
- We ask that our patients wash their hands in the brushing area when they come in and when they leave.
- Any patient or family member(s) that have traveled to any countries with Level 3 or 4 Travel Restrictions (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ ) within 14 days of their scheduled visit will require rescheduling. In that event, please call our office to find a more appropriate time. Likewise, if anyone in the family has been knowingly exposed to anyone testing positive to COVID-19, please call to reschedule.
The team at Rendon Orthodontics appreciates your trust and will continue to work every day to provide the best and safest orthodontic care possible.