Dr. Juan Rendon loves that his chosen profession allows him to make a real difference every day in his patients' lives. He has a great opportunity to improve both the appearance and the self-esteem of the people in his community. He enjoys his work with patients of all ages and strives to make every patient's orthodontic experience a pleasant one.
- Dental degree - DDS (1985-1989): Universidad CES - Medellin, Colombia
- Master's degree in Pediatric Dentistry and Interceptive Orthodontics - MSD (1992-1993): Universidad CES - Medellin, Colombia
- Certificate and Master's degree in Orthodontics - MSD (2002-2004): Saint Louis University - Saint Louis, MO
- Cleft Lip and Palate Fellowship at the Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (2003) - Saint Louis, MO
Professional Appointments and Working Experience
- Professor for undergraduate students (1994-2001) - Universidad CES Medellin, Colombia
- Private Pedodontic Practice (1994-2001) - Medellin, Colombia
- Private General Dentistry Practice (1990-1991) - Medellin, Colombia
For the last twelve years, Dr. Rendon has worked for two large orthodontic groups in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. He has the experience to treat a variety of malocclusions that require a multidisciplinary approach.
Dr. Rendon is fluent in English and Spanish. He also actively pursues continuing education course work because orthodontics is an ever-evolving field. He is a member of the Spears Study Club (Frisco/Allen/McKinney area) where he collaborates with general dentists and other specialists to discuss interdisciplinary cases to improve his clinical expertise. He knows only by keeping informed of the latest developments will he be able to continue to provide patients with the highest level of orthodontic care.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Texas Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- North Texas Dental Society
- North Texas Hispanic Dental Association
Personal Life and Interests
Born and raised in Medellin, Colombia, Dr. Rendon now calls Frisco, TX, his home. He lives with his wife, Dr. Maria Castano-Rendon, and they have two lovely daughters. While his greatest pleasure comes from spending time with his family, he also enjoys cycling and traveling.
A strong believer in giving back to his community, Dr. Rendon participates in the Give Kids a Smile program through the North Texas Dental Society. This program offers free dental services to underserved children and he provides pro bono orthodontic care to children in need in our community. He also donates to World Vision, and provides sponsorships for school sports teams.