Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you've always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. Our practice utilizes the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your initial consultation, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Provide a complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine whether treatment is necessary
- Help you create a customized treatment plan
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
Our team will be glad to answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all of the information that you need to determine which treatment is right for you. Please contact our practice to schedule your initial consultation.
What happens after the initial consultation?
You're one step closer to achieving the smile you've always wanted! After your consultation, we will schedule your first appointment and your doctor will place your new orthodontic appliance. This appointment generally takes about an hour, and during this time our team will be available to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Visiting the orthodontist about every four to eight weeks is an important part of your orthodontic treatment. Our practice will work with you to make sure that your appointments are as convenient as possible. When scheduling appointments, please let us know what days and times work best for you.
We understand that “life happens”! If you're running late or need to reschedule, please let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you're ready to schedule your first appointment, contact our practice and our friendly scheduling coordinator will assist you. We're looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months, even during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.
March 14, 2020
Dear Rendon Orthodontics’ parents and patients,
We wanted to reach out personally regarding the current situation with the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19. Each day brings new developments and our hearts go out to all affected. Please know that we are monitoring the situation closely.
At Rendon Orthodontics we are doing our part to keep safety a priority for everyone. You have placed your trust in us to oversee the oral health of you or your family member, and we take that job seriously. We want you to know we are doing our best to protect everyone from continuing viral spread of COVID-19.
We are monitoring directives that are issued to us by the cities of Frisco and Allen, the state of Texas and other national organizations including the dental society leadership as it evolves. We want to meet and exceed guidelines as we work with our patients.
What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Maintaining our current OSHA directives related to the dental industry standards for sterilization of dental instruments and cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces used during appointments.
- Our staff and doctors are washing their hands frequently and using hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for our patients/parents in the check in/out and clinic area.
- Eliminating handshakes and any type of bodily contact that is not specifically related to your current appointment.
- Minimizing all newly scheduled appointments which are reasonably possible into a 10-12-week schedule for as long as needed – current appointments remain scheduled.
- Retainer checkups will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Asking patients to send photos of emergencies first, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can troubleshoot issues to determine if an appointment in the office is of immediate urgency.
- Removing all magazines and shutting down our fun video games in our waiting room for now.
What You Can Do to Help Us During Appointments
- Should you, your child, or a close family member have any flu-like symptoms (cough, runny nose, sore throat and/or fever), please call your physician, and then call us to reschedule your appointment.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, we request parents only bring the patient being treated to the office and leave all siblings home. If this is not possible, consider having the family stay in the car while the patient is treated. We can call or text you when the patient is done to give you an update and schedule your next visit.
- Only patients are allowed in the clinic area, unless the doctor/staff requires the parent’s presence.
- We ask that our patients wash their hands in the brushing area when they come in and when they leave.
- Any patient or family member(s) that have traveled to any countries with Level 3 or 4 Travel Restrictions (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ ) within 14 days of their scheduled visit will require rescheduling. In that event, please call our office to find a more appropriate time. Likewise, if anyone in the family has been knowingly exposed to anyone testing positive to COVID-19, please call to reschedule.
The team at Rendon Orthodontics appreciates your trust and will continue to work every day to provide the best and safest orthodontic care possible.