When it comes to her work, Dr. Maria Castano-Rendon looks forward to each day in the office. She knows she is going to see established patients who have become friends and meet new patients with whom she will develop friendships, all while providing orthodontic care that will transform their lives and how they feel about their smiles.
While Dr. Castano-Rendon stays up to date on the latest, proven orthodontic treatment procedures and options, she emphasizes the human connection with her patients. She takes the time to talk with them about what’s happening in their lives and is always available to answer questions about their orthodontic care.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (1990-1994): Universidad CES - Medellin, Colombia
- Master's degree in Orthodontics - MSD (1996-1999): Universidad CES - Medellin, Colombia
- Certificate and Master's degree in Orthodontics - MSD (2001-2003): Saint Louis University - Saint Louis, MO
- Cleft Lip and Palate Fellowship at the Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (2002) - Saint Louis , MO
- BOARD CERTIFIED - Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Numerous awards for research and superior academic excellence, including:
- Uchiyama-Truetzel Award - Saint Louis University 2001
- Marshall Award (Summa Cum Laude graduate) - Saint Louis University 2003
- Published articles in the fields of Dentistry and Orthodontics, and has been a speaker at research meetings.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Private Orthodontic Practice (2008-present) - Frisco, TX
- Orthodontic associate for large orthodontic group in the DFW area (2004-2008)
- Private Orthodontic Practice (1999-2001) - Medellin, Colombia
- General Dentistry Practice (1995-1996) - Medellin, Colombia
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Texas Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- North Texas Dental Society
- North Texas Hispanic Dental Association
Personal life and Interests
Having grown up in Medellin, Colombia, Dr. Castano-Rendon now lives in Frisco, TX. She and her husband, Dr. Juan Rendon, have two daughters. She enjoys exercising, playing tennis and traveling, but her favorite times are those spent with her family and friends.
Committed to community involvement, Dr. Castano-Rendon volunteered for 5 consecutive years to co-chair the Give Kids a Smile program through the North Texas Dental Society, which offers free dental services to underserved children. Both doctors provide pro bono orthodontic care to children in need in our community through this program. She volunteers for the Newman Village Annual Lemonade Stand Fundraiser and the Buddy Up tennis program for Down syndrome kids. Rendon Orthodontics donates to the Kids Shouldn't Have Cancer Foundation, the Central Mexico Youth Fund, World Vision and the office is active in health fairs and community activities. They are proud sponsors of Linking Cultures of Frisco (MLK scholarships), school sports teams, youth sports programs, and school yearbooks and directories. Find Dr. Castano-Rendon on Google+.
Maria Castano-Rendon DDS, MSD and Jill Wade DDS on The Jennifer Sheehan Show - live at KVGI Radio on March 29th, 2019!